Thursday, November 6, 2008

New President for a Change

I am very exciting because I have voted since I was old enough and this is the first President that I voted for that actually won. This is not going to be an easy term. Obama has one of the hardest Presidency in recent history and he will have a huge array of problems to deal with. I will support this President and I hope that he will surround himself with good intelligent people that will help him face off these difficult times. He will not only have to deal with the economy, foreign relations, two wars, and health problems but has to work extra hard to unite this country and keep our citizens safe and prosperous. I would love to see him help with the same sex marriages but there are still so many issues that he will have to deal with. In these modern times the President will have to make a law that protects people's rights and allow them the privileges that many of us take for granted. I think that it was a historical event to elect a President that is black but it is more amazing that we elected  the right man for the job no matter what his skin color is. I hope that all of our citizens are as proud of their vote as I am. I consider myself a liberal and usually vote democrat and it is interesting that there are no republicans in office in New England but I am an independent and I hope that the party lines will break down and work together. I think that Obama will reach across party lines and really unite the country no matter if you are red or blue. Colors should not represent differences anymore but unite us in a multicolored world of peace and love. This was a great election and I hope that our new President is protected and safe to get the tough job done. We will all have to work with him to help get this country back on track and to help the rest of the world instead of trying to intimidate them. I really feel proud of my vote and I am exciting to see what is in store for us in the future. I hope that everyone even the ones that did not vote for him help to support him because even though I did not vote for Bush and do not agree with how he ran things I still respected that he is the President. The competition is over now the work has to start in January to get everyone that American Dream that we love so much and to bring our troops home. I hope to see Obama have a great Presidency and maybe even two great ones.

No comments: